Fearnleys has been a pioneer in the gas carrier markets and, since the commencement of LNG transportation in the late 1960s has been successfully involved in newbuilding contracting, sale & purchase as well as chartering of LNG carriers.
Today we have a global network of LNG experts in 7 offices covering all time-zones.
Fearnleys has established a substantial track record for LNG advisory and execution services across the LNG value chain including:
- LNG procurement.
- Commercial shipping and chartering services spot, short, medium and long-term.
- Newbuilding advice, analysis/comparison of yard specifications, contracting and negotiation.
- LNG second-hand sales.
- LNG liquefaction and re-gasification projects.
- Floating terminals (FSRUs/FSUs).
- Terminal Use Agreements and interface between terminal, shipping and product requirements.
- Site screening.
- Due diligence.
Over the years we have built a strong presence in all sectors of the LNG market and a solid organization covering all aspects of the LNG shipping industry.
Our recent activities concerning LNGC transactions include:
- Advisor for conventional LNGC tenders.
- Advisor for LNG FSRU tenders.
- Advising in pre-qualification of shipowners and timecharter development for major LNG projects.
- Sale of existing entire LNG fleets on behalf of major players.
- Analyzing transportation requirements.
- Advising in newbuilding contracts with time charter backed arrangements.
- Advising on developing strategic alliances with Charterers and Ship Owners to cover transport requirements.
- Performing a full operational study and developing a business plan, identifying shipping requirement and cargo coverage.
- Negotiation of timecharter business between owners and charterers.
- Strategic analysis and advice for companies new to LNG procurement on how to structure their approach to the LNG market.
- Execution of LNG cargo purchases on behalf of Principals.